BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Leave your paws here

Sunday, December 6, 2009

My performance being a S&A dog

Well, having been a S&A dog ( Search & Rescue) for the past few months, I will say I am talented being one. The officers had made me go for tougher and longer trainings seeing my fast progress.

Yesterday, I had done the 2 men search on the ground floor and found the 2 men around 15 mins with distractions and of cause, Mummy did not know where the victims are hidden. And than they decided I should go for the tougher ones, I got to search for the victim on the 2nd floor while I was on the ground floor, I managed to catch the scent after awhile, but was unsure I should be barking as I was on the ground floor, nowhere near the victim, but I decided I should bark to tell Mummy I found it.

Lastly, I have to search for victims on the rubbles at the ground floor and at the 2nd floor. I managed to do it too but I was not fast enough, got to brush up on that on the next training. Mummy also requested to let me search without my favourite toys and I manged to prove that I search on the scent of the humans and not my toys. Mummy was so happy to know that I am now a step more closer to be a S&A dog. Mummy say she hopes to see me in the S&A vest soon.

It ws tough and tiring but I enjoyed myself so much that I am so looking forward to the every training at the Mandai Training Village.

3 comments:

Sonic said...

Wow you are so clever! Sometimes I get so distracted, my Momma can't even get me to fetch GG the Giraffe!

Keep up the good work!

Sonic

Janet Tan said...

Hi Sonic, thks for ur encouragement. Mummy was kinda worried for me cos as the tasks gets tougher, there are more danger exposed like nails and glass on the floor. But I will be careful not to let Mummy worried.

Loh A W Michelle said...

Wow you are so clever. I wonder if my Yaki can do it.

Btw, how to sign the dog up for S&A?